To strengthen equal rights and opportunities worldwide by:
- identifying the most effective policy approaches for both improving individual wellbeing and health and enabling countries to thrive socially and economically;
- improving the quantity and quality of globally comparative data available to policymakers, citizens, civil society, and researchers on laws and policies that work to support economic opportunity, social and civic engagement, human health, development, well-being, and equity; and
- working in partnerships to support evidence-based improvements in communities and countries worldwide.
Our vision is a world in which increased transparency and accountability around government commitments to equal legal rights and policies promoting equality strengthens opportunities for all. To that end, WORLD makes its data publicly accessible to inform the research and policy efforts of a wide range of stakeholders, including:
- Policymakers seeking information on what steps are feasible and effective;
- Citizens committed to working for change and ensuring their governments are as effective as possible; and
- Researchers analyzing the link between policies and outcomes.
The WORLD Policy Analysis Center engages in a rigorous research process to gather and transform massive quantities of legal and policy data into the quantifiable, accessible, user-friendly resources found on this website, including interactive maps, tables, and downloadable datasets. With an international, multilingual, and multidisciplinary team, WORLD works to carefully select and analyze the best global sources of information to minimize errors. In addition, WORLD analyzes this data to identify effective policies and laws, publish original research, and offer evidence-based policy recommendations. Through partnerships with organizations around the globe, WORLD aims to translate its global policy data into community- and country-level improvements.
Visit our methodology page to learn more, and click here to meet our team.
Connect with WORLD
Follow WORLD on social media:
Or use our contact form to send us a message.